About Big Green Gourmet:

Welcome to Big Green Gourmet. Sam, I am and I am dedicated to improving your meals here at Dartmouth. This blog serves mainly to provide you with easy to follow recipes, which can be made using the food you get from DDS. My aim is to come up with new ways to eat the same food you've been eating, create some delicious dishes and encourage you to improvise beyond your standard Joe-Yo. BGG (Big Green Gourmet- for those of you who catch on rather slowly) is the place to go when you want to shake up your DDS selections. Leave comments about new recipes, improving the blog, or anything really…

Bon appetite!

Friday, November 19, 2010

FoCosadilla


The other night, I was having one of those "My God, I wish the Hop was still open because I could really use a quesadilla," kind of nights (doesn't everyone have those? No? Oh well, I'm weird). So, I sought out the challenge of creating a quesadilla at FoCo. What ended up happening was way better than I expected (even though the picture makes it look bland, maybe I should invest in a really nice camera. Then again, you might find me out if you saw a student taking photos of their food during meals.)


You will need:

A white wrap

Shredded Cheese

Grilled chicken

Onions

Peppers

Jalapenos (why can't I ever swing a tilde)


This dish may be a little annoying to make when FoCo is crowded, which is why I think it is a perfect late night snack. What you'll want to do is go to the grill line and order grilled chicken with onions and peppers. While they are working on that, head to the deli line and ask for a white wrap with shredded cheese and jalapenos, but instead of wrapping it, just tell them to fold it in half. Once you've paid for all of your items, head over to the George Foreman grill (it's the white thing next to the water and the microwave for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about). Grab a knife and cut your folded wrap in half. Then, reopen your folded halves and add your chicken, onions and peppers (in the process, try and make sure the cheese is away from the edges of the wrap because when it melts you don't want to have to clean up the grill). The grill is small so you'll have to grill each half individually. Once you have cooked your (now) quesadilla to your liking, take it off of the grill and enjoy it. This quesadilla (I find) ends up being better than those at the Hop because the George Foreman makes the wrap toasty and warm, and actually melts all of the cheese. This will not be the last FoCosadilla that I make, but for now...


Enjoy FoCosadilla #1, from DDS and Sam, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment