About Big Green Gourmet:

Welcome to Big Green Gourmet. Sam, I am and I am dedicated to improving your meals here at Dartmouth. This blog serves mainly to provide you with easy to follow recipes, which can be made using the food you get from DDS. My aim is to come up with new ways to eat the same food you've been eating, create some delicious dishes and encourage you to improvise beyond your standard Joe-Yo. BGG (Big Green Gourmet- for those of you who catch on rather slowly) is the place to go when you want to shake up your DDS selections. Leave comments about new recipes, improving the blog, or anything really…

Bon appetite!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Double Fajita Burger


Well, it's been quite some time. I wish that I could have posted more in December, but finals really slowed me down. This was partially because I was studying, and as a result my diet consisted mostly of Novack hot pockets, but also because I was writing papers instead of recipes. So, I'm very sorry for dropping off of the face of the earth for a while, I hope you can forgive me. Some of you might even be thankful. After all, it probably would have been a distraction and could have cost you a point or two on your finals. (Maybe? Eh, probably not, but I'll just keep optimistic) At any rate, as we all know, FoClosed sucks, so as my own private protest, they will not get the first post of the new year. This one comes from the Hop.


You will need:

2 patties

A bun

Lettuce

Tomatoes

Sour cream

Salsa

Guacamole

Jalapenos (I didn't even try for the tilde this time)

Cheddar or pepper jack cheese

Onions

Peppers


This dish is a double cheese burger with a Tex Mex twist, it is for the deeply carnivorous, slightly ethnic, and, of course, the very hungry. If you are not any of the above you should probably eat something else (eating it with only 1 patty is still overwhelming). The trick is to go to the hop and ask for a double cheese burger with cheddar cheese (or pepper jack) and a side of peppers and onions from the grill line. While that is going, hop over to the sandwich line (who caught that word play?). Just ask for a side of jalapenos, sour cream, salsa and guacamole. It's easy enough to figure out after that. Just put everything you can fit somewhere on the sandwich and voila…


A Double Fajita Burger, courtesy of DDS, and Sam, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment