About Big Green Gourmet:

Welcome to Big Green Gourmet. Sam, I am and I am dedicated to improving your meals here at Dartmouth. This blog serves mainly to provide you with easy to follow recipes, which can be made using the food you get from DDS. My aim is to come up with new ways to eat the same food you've been eating, create some delicious dishes and encourage you to improvise beyond your standard Joe-Yo. BGG (Big Green Gourmet- for those of you who catch on rather slowly) is the place to go when you want to shake up your DDS selections. Leave comments about new recipes, improving the blog, or anything really…

Bon appetite!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Antipasto Salad


For this post I wanted to make a salad because I was really loving the weather and it just felt like a hearty salad kind of day. This is not really a traditional antipasto, but it is nonetheless delicious and I hope that you will appreciate it (I really enjoyed it).


You will need:

Salami

Fresh mozzarella

Olive spread

Tomatoes

Spinach

Onions

Cucumbers

Artichokes

Garlic powder

Olive oil

Vinegar


Obviously this takes a bit more to construct than a typical salad but, it's worth a little extra time to take a standard salad and make it fantastic. For this one I went to FoCo (although now that there are fewer dining options I'm beginning to feel silly for specifying). I hope you need no instruction on how to get all of your salad fixings in a bowl, but I will warn you that FoCo does not always have spinach, so you may just need to keep this one in mind and make it when the opportunity presents itself. You want to go to the sandwich line and get salami, fresh mozzarella and olive spread on a plate. I advise that you fold the salami when you put it in the salad, so that you can fork it more easily (similarly, you should cut up the mozzarella). To make the dressing simply mix the olive spread with some garlic powder, oil and vinegar. Then enjoy…

An Antipasto Salad brought to you by DDS and Sam, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment