About Big Green Gourmet:

Welcome to Big Green Gourmet. Sam, I am and I am dedicated to improving your meals here at Dartmouth. This blog serves mainly to provide you with easy to follow recipes, which can be made using the food you get from DDS. My aim is to come up with new ways to eat the same food you've been eating, create some delicious dishes and encourage you to improvise beyond your standard Joe-Yo. BGG (Big Green Gourmet- for those of you who catch on rather slowly) is the place to go when you want to shake up your DDS selections. Leave comments about new recipes, improving the blog, or anything really…

Bon appetite!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Potato Skins


Wow, it has been a very long time, I'm sorry. Winter midterms never really end, so I've just had non-stop work. At any rate, I was really craving potato skins the other day, and to my knowledge no place in Hanover serves them. So, I decided to figure out how to make them on my own. Let's get into it…


You will need:

A baked potato

Bacon

Sour cream

Shredded cheese

Hot sauce (optional)


Let me start by saying that Homeplate is the only place that regularly has baked potatoes, so you'll probably have to go there. However, that means that you will have to use their (turkey) bacon, which does taste different from the FoClosed (real) bacon. If you don't mind going to FoClosed just to get some bacon, then by all means go get the bacon there and then the other ingredients from Homeplate. Essentially all you need to do is scoop out the inside of the potato once you've cut it in half, and then add the cheese and bacon. After that, microwave it until the cheese has melted. Then top it with sour cream and hot sauce to taste. Enjoy…


Potato Skins, from DDS and Sam, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment