About Big Green Gourmet:

Welcome to Big Green Gourmet. Sam, I am and I am dedicated to improving your meals here at Dartmouth. This blog serves mainly to provide you with easy to follow recipes, which can be made using the food you get from DDS. My aim is to come up with new ways to eat the same food you've been eating, create some delicious dishes and encourage you to improvise beyond your standard Joe-Yo. BGG (Big Green Gourmet- for those of you who catch on rather slowly) is the place to go when you want to shake up your DDS selections. Leave comments about new recipes, improving the blog, or anything really…

Bon appetite!

Friday, October 8, 2010

Frozen Breakfast 2




I hope that the title has gotten you as excited about this dish as I have gotten about the whole concept of a frozen breakfast. Let me once again reiterate that this idea is very much a misnomer because you should not be eating this for breakfast, but rather for dessert. I don't have very much more exposition for you because I have already given you some daily notes in my previous post so, I hope that you will forgive the brevity of my introduction to this dish. Here we go…


You will need:

A cup of the maple flavored fro-yo

1 prepackaged container of Kellogg's Apple Jacks

1 granny smith apple

Cinnamon


Once you have assembled your ingredients, the sundae itself is fairly easy to make. You should mix the cinnamon into the fro-yo so that you end up with an consistent flavor. I recommend that you then mix in the Apple Jacks so that you will have some of then in every bite. In terms of the way you should incorporate the apple, what is displayed in the picture is NOT how you should be cutting the apple. (This is one of those simon-says instances in which you should do as a I say and not as I do.) Rather than cutting the apple into wedges as I have (for the sake of full disclosure I did it just for the photographic image) you want to dice (cut into roughly .5 inch cubes) the apple (or cube it, depending on how large you want the pieces to be, cubing is larger), and mix it in as well so that you have it throughout. The ideal bite will have apple, fro-yo and one or two Apple Jacks. I would expect more frozen breakfasts if I were you, but for now there are only two...


So enjoy them. By DDS and Sam, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment