About Big Green Gourmet:

Welcome to Big Green Gourmet. Sam, I am and I am dedicated to improving your meals here at Dartmouth. This blog serves mainly to provide you with easy to follow recipes, which can be made using the food you get from DDS. My aim is to come up with new ways to eat the same food you've been eating, create some delicious dishes and encourage you to improvise beyond your standard Joe-Yo. BGG (Big Green Gourmet- for those of you who catch on rather slowly) is the place to go when you want to shake up your DDS selections. Leave comments about new recipes, improving the blog, or anything really…

Bon appetite!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Brovertones' Special


I am not going to take credit for coming up with this dish. I was told to try it by a friend who is in the Brovertones (hence the title). Hopefully this will encourage you guys to start posting ideas (or post something, dear God it's been too many posts without comments). I am very receptive to suggestions and I want to hear what you guys have to say. That being said, I think this is perhaps the most delicious dish that has hit the blog yet, but please be warned: this is not for the weak of heart (actually though, if you have a cardiovascular condition: high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc. this dish is not for you).


You will need:

Chicken tenders

Two slices of bread

Cheese

2 eggs


This is another one of those wonderful dishes where you will not have to do anything beyond ordering (unless, you want to add some hot sauce to the sandwich, which is not a bad idea if you have the tongue for it). All you've got to do is hit up The Hop and ask for a tender melt with 2 over easy eggs in it. Trust me, you want the eggs over easy, the runny yolks make for the absolute perfect "sauce." The only other advice that I have is simply to tell them not to cut the sandwich for you; you will lose egg yolk and they will get agitated by the mess. Try not to get addicted to…


The Brovertones' Special, brought to you by (the Brovertones,) DDS and Sam, I am.

3 comments:

  1. This is one of the MOST delicious things I've ever eaten and I've told all my friends. Keep up the good work, Sam. Keep spending your DBA and the followers will come...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get one of these almost every day with barbecue sauce. They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta agree with Shashank here, the barbecue sauce makes it even more delicious than before. Great sandwich either way though

    ReplyDelete