About Big Green Gourmet:

Welcome to Big Green Gourmet. Sam, I am and I am dedicated to improving your meals here at Dartmouth. This blog serves mainly to provide you with easy to follow recipes, which can be made using the food you get from DDS. My aim is to come up with new ways to eat the same food you've been eating, create some delicious dishes and encourage you to improvise beyond your standard Joe-Yo. BGG (Big Green Gourmet- for those of you who catch on rather slowly) is the place to go when you want to shake up your DDS selections. Leave comments about new recipes, improving the blog, or anything really…

Bon appetite!

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sweet & Sour Salad With Chicken


Good God it has been a while. I'm sorry for not posting in so long, but mid-term crunch is not treating me so well. I'm at that point where my eyes have begun to hurt from reading so much. I promise that though I haven't been posting I have been creating treats for you guys (assuming you exist- that's my not so subtle way of encouraging you to comment). I'm actually so food obsessed that I have been eagerly awaiting dinner tonight because I have such a good idea (I think… we'll see, it may shock you to learn that many of the things I try do not work at all and don't make it to the blog. Read: my DBA is suffering for you). So, don't doubt that I am thinking of you and your rumbly tummies. Today's recipe is another one of those "salads" that is only marginally healthy, but it will nonetheless keep you eating your veggies!


You will need:

Lettuce

Corn

Tomatoes

Onions

Cucumbers

(Any other salad fixings that you love)

Soy sauce

Sweet & sour sauce

Vinegar

Chicken nuggets


Obviously you need to go to FoCo to make this salad. The construction of the salad should not be a difficult task. If it is, I would recommend getting immediate help. Do not put any dressing on the salad and do not put the nuggets in it before you pay (unless you like spending extra cash unnecessarily). The only truly meticulous part of this recipe is making the dressing. You need to get one of those to-go condiment containers and put 2 squirts of vinegar and 1 squirt of soy sauce in it. Then, mix in 1 packet of sweet & sour sauce. Once you have mixed it thoroughly pour it over your salad. If you like a heavily dressed salad, then I would recommend you double the recipe for the dressing, but make sure you keep it proportional. It is also worth noting that unless your salad contains a minimal number of vegetables, you will have extra nuggets (maybe find a friend and split the order of nuggets to save money) I hope you enjoy the…


Sweet & Sour Salad With Chicken, courtesy of DDS and Sam, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment